Packing and moving tips for cost effective home shifting
If you are planning to relocate your household goods for the first time, I am sure you will have many questions and concerns. No one can deny the fact that home shifting is a little complicated task, especially if you have no prior experience of relocating or working with movers and packers.
To make it easy and free from any hassles, here are some of the quick and simple tricks worth knowing.
- Start planning as early as you can. If you plan to hire the professional mover and packers then do it when you have time. If you plan to do some of it on your own, then decide that early on
- Sort out the item and make a list of goods which is to be packed and discarded.
- If you decide to use movers and packers services, then plan and schedule everything in advance. Speak to the movers a couple of days before the actual date of packing to ensure everything is n track.
- If you plan to pack on your own, then start packing early, one room at a time. Never leave it for the last moment.
- Proper packing is crucial for safe and hassle free relocation, so make sure that all of the goods to be moved are packed with good quality packing materials.
- Label each of the items clearly, so you can sort and unpack effortlessly.
- If you are hiring movers, invite them to do a free survey and then ask for all inclusive quotation, including insurance.
- Work out a mutually agreeable payment terms.
- Don't agree to make full payments before delivery of goods.
- Cross check the contact numbers mentioned on bill to be sure that number is active.
- Always take money receipt for payments you are making as advance or part payment.
- Do adequate research about the packers and movers agency you are working with.
- Never avoid insurance to save money, if anything goes wrong, you may have to regret this decision.
- Ask for service tax number if service charge is being collected and verify the same online from service charge portal of government of India.
- Do adequate research about the agency you are working with.
If you have any other question, you can call us on 098313 29628